Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward wide mouth skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Richmond, Va.

Hayward wide mouth skimmer

Was going to replace my AG 18 ft lomart skimmer with a standard Hayward skimmer.
    Does the new wide mouth model really make that much difference?

My skimmer is located under a trap door in the deck and may have to make some modifications if I went to the wide mouth.

To change to either skimmer planning on using some 26 gauge stainless sheet metal.

6014 gallons aprx
    cartridge type filter
    summer escapes pool above ground metal frame
    SFS1000 SkimmerPlus filter pump with GFCI=1,500 GPH
    install date: 6-1-12

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Hayward wide mouth skimmer

I went with the wide mouth, I am not sure if it made a huge difference but it's suppose to allow a longer time to let debris get sucks into the skimmer
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Hayward wide mouth skimmer

I have a standard Hayward skimmer & use a "Skim it" which I love.

Skim It Skimmer Arm ─ Pool Cleaning Accessories ─ In the Swim

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!