Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Time

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Time

Just found the forum and am getting a new pool installed on next week. Trying to learn as much as I can to get off on the right foot.
    This forum is extremely helpful. I have already cancelled our pre order or Pristine Blue thanks to all the info provided.

Hoping to get a good jump on getting the water chem under control so the kids can get as much use out of the pool this summer.
    30' round AG pool, 54" high, ~23,800 gallons
    400lb sand filter, 2HP Pump
    Installed: 8/8/16

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Time

Welcome aboard!

First things first - get yourself a proper test kit. TFTestkits.net shows some great kits and will serve you well!
    16 x 32 IG plaster pool, 23k gallons, built 1992, DE filter, Pentair VS pump, IoThyngs controller, Taylor 2006 test kit, SoCal water restrictions
    Newbies with green pools, see SLAM and Recommended Test Kits. My company: IoThyngs

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Time

Yes - welcome! I also recommend getting yourself a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. The Speed Stir is also a very popular addition to your test kit. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!