Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: V-Green 165 motor spontaneously stopping, not restarting

1. Back To Top    #1

V-Green 165 motor spontaneously stopping, not restarting

I have a Century V-Green 165 motor that I installed this year. It spontaneously stops and does not start. This happens every day. There are no fault codes or fault lights. I press the Start button and the motor starts up just fine.

I thought it was a programming error on my part but I reset the motor to factory default program and it did not fix the problem.

I called the manufacturer and the person just read back the troubleshooting guide in the manual.

The retailer has offered to send me a replacement but before I go through the trouble, I thought maybe someone on this forum could shed some light.

Anyone see this sort of issue before?

Thanks.
    Concrete (gunite) inground pool and spa (17,000 gallons)
    Hayward H350 natural gas heater (electronic)
    Goldline Aquarite chlorine generator
    Hayward pumps, Hayward Pro Series sand filter, Goldline valve actuators, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: V-Green 165 motor spontaneously stopping, not restarting

is it overheating? try putting something over it to get it some shade and see if that helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **