Portland Cement to Sand Ratio

Jul 21, 2016
Mansfield, TN
The construction is underway on our 24x44 IGP!!! I am getting conflicting information from the guy helping us build and the info from the company we bought the kit from. What is the standard ratio of Portland Cement to Sand for the bottom of the pool? (Will post pics soon)

I would not suggest putting this product on the pool floor. The weight from the water above it will smash it absolutely flat. I put 1/4 inch foam on the SIDES of my pool and, under 3 feet of water, the foam was about 1/16th thick. It would seem completely ineffective in supplying ANY cushioning effect.

Curious why you chose sand/portland mix rather than sand/vermiculite?

I would not suggest putting this product on the pool floor. The weight from the water above it will smash it absolutely flat. I put 1/4 inch foam on the SIDES of my pool and, under 3 feet of water, the foam was about 1/16th thick. It would seem completely ineffective in supplying ANY cushioning effect.

Curious why you chose sand/portland mix rather than sand/vermiculite?
I would have to ask my husband, this was the decision he and our guy came to. (He is doing dirt work around the pool area as we speak). Thanks for info guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.