Spa water level dropping

I dont know, i have never heard the auto fill turn on before. Perhaps right place at the right time. But this water level dropping on its own in the spa is just nuts. I just want to stop with the odd behavior. Spa drops 4-5" between 6am and 4 pm? When the pump is in pool mode is REALLY abnormal.

Yes, that part is not normal. My autofill is on quite a bit. I don't have a spa attached to my pool so I don't have any experience with that. But the valve or the check valve is normally the problem in these situations with spas draining to pools.

According to bdavis its a make up valve or bipass valve for mixing chemicals with the spa. I have it closed as i run a spill over schedule for 30 mins per day. So in pool mode, no water is able to get to the check valve or past the automated return valve, right? If thats the case how could water leak past the check valve if the automated valves are set to pool mode where is the water going? I am guessing if there is a leak i will see the same issue tomorrow?

Man i need to catch a brake on this freaking pool.

Do you have a puck auto chlorinator that has a black tube after your pump before the filter and then one after the filter for the return? If so in spa mode water will drain back into your pool unless you close the shutoff to the chlorinator. Not sure if this is your case but that's what happened to me once before figuring it out :D.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have a puck auto chlorinator that has a black tube after your pump before the filter and then one after the filter for the return? If so in spa mode water will drain back into your pool unless you close the shutoff to the chlorinator. Not sure if this is your case but that's what happened to me once before figuring it out :D.

I don't but thanks for the help.

Man I just dont get it, all of a sudden out of the blue a 4-5" drop in water level? Thoughts?pool builder has been worthless since day one. If it was a pipe leak, the water should be down again tomorrow. So since the spa plumbing and function was off all day, i am thinking i am back to another static bucket leak test in the spa.

What is different this time is the drop is happening when the system is in pool mode.

Well I will check back tomorrow for advice and an update.

Does it ever end...

So my 900 gallon spa losing water levels also included a leaking hydrostatic valve in one of the floor main drains and also once one of the unused plugs in one of the floor drains was leaking.

Thanks, I will watch for this. The water level remained the same overnight, I will watch it during the day. Just crazy, if there is a leak you would think it would be leaking all the time, getting so tired of this.

You sure it didn't get put into spa mode at all during the day, even momentarily? No one got in the spa?

Does your pump schedule end with the spillway running? I could see water backflowing to the pool if the pump is off and the valve rotates.

You sure it didn't get put into spa mode at all during the day, even momentarily? No one got in the spa?

Does your pump schedule end with the spillway running? I could see water backflowing to the pool if the pump is off and the valve rotates.

Nobody is home during the day. I am 100% sure it was in pool mode unless the automation changed it to spa mode on it's own. I think I figured out what happened last month. Each time you go from pool mode to spa mode the water level drops about 1". Last month I did this a few time in a row when I was troubleshooting. Being my first pool I did not know the spa level would drop a little as the pump is on when the valves are turning.

This time it's really odd. The pump was in pool mode all day, my spill over run is scheduled for 6:30-7pm. I noticed the water level at 4PM. I did a bucket test last month, perhaps I need to do another. I am not a pool expert but you would think that if there is a leak it would not hold water as leaks can't repair themselves.

Have I won the contest for most issues with a single pool build yet?

I truly thank you guys for the help, as I would be on my own if it was not for this forum.

No we did not use the spa. The water was at the edge of the spillway at 7pm the night before. I did not look at the water level that morning, I only saw it when I got home at 4pm yesterday and noticed the water level was down.

So, it was filled up last night at the edge of the spill way and it was still at that level this morning @ 6:30am when I left for work. I will check it when I get home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.