Plumbing 2 SWGs

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Somebody asked me this today. He's got a 20k gallon pool. The Intex SWG is about 110.00 on sale somewhere but it is rated up to 15k gallons. The next price point for SWGs is about 400.00. He was wondering about getting 2 Intex SWG. Would this work? If so, would you plumb in parallel or in series?

I am doing this right now for the past two months. I have them in series. I did not want the hassle of plumbing them in parallel. I documented over here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...r-in-ground-pool-(IGP)-Model-ECO-8110-28669EG I have links to other people that have done this. I used to have it running 6 hours a day, I am down to 3 hours a day (increased my CYA)

Originally purchased two intex for $100/piece and It will pay for itself in less than one year time. At these prices, if it breaks you order another one for $120 to $150 or you let the other one run longer until the broken one is repaired. In computer terms, reminds me of RAID storage (redundant array of inexpensive disks) and how it revolutionized the storage industry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.