Finally - I have a pool

HSMB23

Aug 5, 2016
Virginia
Okay I really call our pool, The Insta Pool. It really is because it's open the box, set it up and fill.

Ever since we bought a house, just a few years ago, I been eyeing where I could put a Someday Pool. It's just that large price tag that gets my significant other the high blood pressure.

My wonderful awesome parents bought us a Intex Metal frame pool when all the Pool In A Box were going on Clearance. They day after my mother told me that she bought us a pool I was outside marking where I wanted to place it. It was hard keeping the secret from the kids but they were use to my marking off areas of someday projects :) I have moved the 'pool' three times before I settled on a space for her. It took me 4 days to clear the space and level the area. It was asked more than once, Whose the pool for? You or the kids :)

Now that we have had the pool for about a month, the kids and I have been in it nearly every day. Already had friends visit and play in the pool. Best of all - that person who I love so much who refused to ever wanting to own a pool now enjoys it. :) Says it's nice to come home and be able to jump in to cool off. No driving to the beach, public rec pool or even to a friend's house for a swim.

Pool upkeep has been going well. Just this past week, after it rained and rained, the kids went in and were like it's all slimy! The pool wasn't a scary color and still looked pretty clear but knew it could go down hill fast. I went into the pool and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed some more. Thankfully for the little squares in the linger. It helped know where I cleaned and needed it clean. Finally it was hard for my children to find any slimy spots :) Pretty sure somewhere in a health code it says not to go into pool when you feel the slime and it needs a good scrubbing and it should be done from the outside.

I did end up going to a local pool store after driving to all the big box stores for supplies. To be honest, I was scared to go to the pool store because we are of a Insta Pool. I was waiting for the look that says, You are one of those peoples. It never happen. They were friendly, knowledgeable and of course information overload. Well worth it and we plan to go back. Who knows maybe someday I will get my dream pool and they be the company we buy from.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Now that you have a pool and see what can happen and the awful feeling of the slime, it's time to take 100% control of that water. If you have test strips or go to the pool store for free testing - stop. Please order your own "proper" test kit. TFP recommends either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C to test your water. I highly encourage the TF-100 with Speed Stir. That test kit is a MUST to ensure your water is sanitary and help remain algae-free year-round. Take a few minutes to read the TFP Pool School and other vital links you see below in my signature. It's great to have you with us.