Tired of Pool Store giving incomplete info

Aug 4, 2016
Deer Creek, IL
I'm ready to turn my pool into a water fall and lazy river. May still do it this fall. For now, trying to recover from pool store mis-info. Had a black pool that smelled like a sewer upon coming home from a 5 day trip. Put in two cases of burnout 35, numerous gallons of 12.5% chlorine, numerous tabs of Tri-chlor, lots of PH increaser, CYA, 2 quarts of algicide. About a week later, i have a clear pool with the following levels; CL-3, PH-7.2, ALK-180, CH-500, CYA-100. Draining water now so I can get CH and CYA down. Pool Math recommends 50%, Ouch. Still have about 3200ppm salt in the pool, but will not use a salt generator again for reasons of reliability. Hope I'm own the right path now.

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, you are in the right track. How are you testing your water? Most CYA tests only measure up to 100 but in reality it can be much higher. We've seen people with a CYA test reading 100 but it is higher.

:wave: Welcome to TFP Doodleguy

Time to say goodby to the pool store and their potions and elixirs.

Attachments

• products.jpg
    products.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 44
Doodle,

Can you explain what problems you were having with your SWG? I just got back from a 21 day vacation and all three of my SWG pools were crystal clear. I suspect the SWG is not the root of your issues. Suggest you read "Pool School", buy one of the suggested test kits, and give your SWG a second chance.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.