Pentair Whisperflo Replacement Confusion

Mickey Moose

Jul 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
My cleaner pump died and I'm looking to replace the whole unit with the exact same. It's a Pentair Whisperflo High Performance 1.5hp #011773. The label further reads "PMP WF-26 115/230V". When I called Pentair to determine if my current pump was still under warranty they specifically asked if "WF-26" was on the label. I had already given the 011773 part number so I'm not sure what this other info is and if/how it's relevant. This is where I need help. In shopping online I find the units are not necessarily labeled WF-26. Does this matter? Is the following unit the correct replacement?

https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-0117...000QHG768/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks for your guidance.

-M

I got the same pump which is 2HP single speed. I'm planning one getting a variable speed pump. I live in CA. The pump costs aroud 160 dollars every month. I'd say stay away with single speed pump.

I have a single speed already. Just looking to replace it with the exact same model. Which is what I need confirmation on.

Why not a single speed? I don't understand why I would want anything else - it's for a cleaner system.

$160/mo?! Really?! Don't want to derail this thread.

Thanks for your feedback.

You are on the right track. A single speed pump is what you want for a cleaner. 2 speed is good for the filter pump to save money. No idea what WF-26 means. My two fave stores are Sunplay.com and INYO Pools. Maybe ask them.

Talked to Pentair. The short version of what was explained is that the 'WF-26' matters; there are a few single-speed, 1.5hp Whisperflo models. The WF-26 is one of them. They, generically, refer to the WF-26 as an "up-rated" model.

Maybe this will help somebody in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.