Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water with correct chemistry

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water with correct chemistry

My water has turned cloudy after tons of rain.

Here's my set of testing:

CYA:60
    FC: was 4 just adjusted to 7
    CC: 0
    pH: 7.6
    TA: 60
    CH: 30

I passed OCLT test.

What can be causing it? My chemistry looks good to me. Water isn't super cloudy but when looking at the main drain you can tell it is cloudy. My liner doesn't have that nice, clean, clear 3d look to it like it has had. It isn't bad cloudy but I would like to see it clear as a bell. I have also noticed that when you have a light blue liner, the water clarity is easier to see. In other words, it shows more!
    24k gal. In-ground, vinyl. 2005 build
    Hayward Pro-Series S244T sand filter system
    Hayward motor & pump (rpm 3450,model SP2607X10)
    Polaris 280 w/booster pump.Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy water with correct chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by lindz18 View Post
    My water has turned cloudy after tons of rain.

Here's my set of testing:

CYA:60
    FC: was 4 just adjusted to 7
    CC: 0
    pH: 7.6
    TA: 60
    CH: 30

I passed OCLT test.

What can be causing it? My chemistry looks good to me. Water isn't super cloudy but when looking at the main drain you can tell it is cloudy. My liner doesn't have that nice, clean, clear 3d look to it like it has had. It isn't bad cloudy but I would like to see it clear as a bell. I have also noticed that when you have a light blue liner, the water clarity is easier to see. In other words, it shows more!
    Most likely it's just dirt brought in with the rain. Great idea to increase FC with that 'fill water'. It will be filtered out in a few days or sooner if you add a little DE to your sand filter.
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy water with correct chemistry

Never hurts to raise FC up to 50% of shock level for your CYA when the water gets cloudy, FC/CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach