Getting ready to try Fix A Leak.....

Aug 4, 2016
Muskegon, MI
Hey gang! I'm new to the forums and tried searching for this answer and was unable to find a direct answer.

I have a leak somewhere and I'm having a hard time locating it. I had the pool company come out last month and they "found" 2 leaks and made repairs to both return fittings under the concrete. They pressure tested the lines and said everything was working great. Being that I am a novice pool owner and only having real reference to an above ground pool growing up, I remember my mom having to add water every few days.

I am losing about an inch a day and after doing some research, I found this isn't just normal evaporation. Since the pool company tested the fixes they put in, I'm left to think that the leak is in the liner (but I have searched for this and would imagine an inch a day would be a large hole) or that its something in the intake.

I am going to try to use Fix-a-Leak and have a couple questions about it before I do.

1. I have a vinyl liner, I think I've read in reviews that you aren't suppose to use it on vinyl but then have seen multiple success reviews where its worked fine.

2. Even if I place the product in the skimmer, set the filter to circulation, and keep brushing the product around, if it is a hole in the liner would this potentially fix that as well?

3. When will it be safe to go swimming again after putting the product in?

Any recommendations you may have, please let me know!

Sta-rite pump, sand filter, no cartridges. 25k gallon inground pool with liner.

Welcome to TFP!

There are liner repair divers. They introduce a small charge to the water and it shows them where the leak is and they can quickly find and repair the leaks. I've seen posts where it costs a couple hundred bucks to do this.

Being that I've just spent 1200.00 to fix the two return leaks, I don't have another 200 right now to try to locate it.

The amount that I'm losing is leading me to believe its either in my main drain.

Yesterday I plugged my skimmer and shut that connection off leaving only my main drain running. Overnight I lost an inch and a half.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.