Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommend a pump for a slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Carlsbad, NM

Recommend a pump for a slide

I have a SR Smith Vortex slide that requires a max of 30GPM for the water supply. I currently have it plumbed via a 3 way valve from my 2 hp main pump which runs both the pool and spa. The issue is that I can't run the slide and heat the spa at the same time. My plan is to add a new 110v pump dedicated to just the slide. I will use the bottom drain to feed the pump. The drain is 10 feet below and 30 feet from the pump location. What pump would you choose?
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Recommend a pump for a slide

The smallest pump possible should be enough. Even a cheapo Intex pump should be able to lift the water to the slide.

The slide has a 30 GPM maximum but what is the minimum?
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner