Laars Series 2 Heater Pilot Burner Location/Placement

Dr.Ew

Aug 4, 2016
Dallas
As the title states, I have a Laars Series 2 heater. The pilot burner was not sparking, and I believe I have found the problem. I am installing a new ignition control this evening.

Getting to my question, the pilot burner originally was in an odd position, and for the life of me, I don't know what that position was. I pulled it out to check it, and I am not sure where to place it, when I put it back in position.

I have searched for schematics, pictures, and videos, and I can't find any information on it's placement.

Any tips?

Well my install of the ignition definitely worked, it's juiced up now. I just burned off the hair on both legs.

i have attached a picture.

its the esc, natural gas model.

pilot is firing like a champ, but can't get the burners to ignite. I'm guessing, because of the placement of the pilot burner. Again, I just burned my hair. It's firing, but it's blowing out the front.

i checked out the diagram and am still unsure of proper placement. Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
What you should do is turn off gas, undo gas line from valve remove bracket screws and pull burner tray out. This looks like it is sitting way below burner. In this position, when the gas valve opens to much gas is building up before it ignites. This can be really dangerous and not recommended. If removing tray is to complicated call a professional to repair

Thanks kadavis! I did figure it out. I pulled the pilot burner back out, then aligned it with the rear burner, to the right of the burner. Turned the gas off and let it clear out. Fired it back up and it worked perfectly!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.