Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Laars Series 2 Heater Pilot Burner Location/Placement

1. Back To Top    #1

Laars Series 2 Heater Pilot Burner Location/Placement

As the title states, I have a Laars Series 2 heater. The pilot burner was not sparking, and I believe I have found the problem. I am installing a new ignition control this evening.

Getting to my question, the pilot burner originally was in an odd position, and for the life of me, I don't know what that position was. I pulled it out to check it, and I am not sure where to place it, when I put it back in position.

I have searched for schematics, pictures, and videos, and I can't find any information on it's placement.

Any tips?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Laars Series 2 Heater Pilot Burner Location/Placement

It is usually on the far right.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    It is usually on the far right.
    Next to the burner, or under the burner? I assume it shouldn't actually touch the burner, but should be close enough to ignite. I have it right now, on the right side, far back, almost touching the burner.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Can you snap a picture of it and post it? Is your system the ESC or ESG?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

In the Industry

6. Back To Top    #6

Well my install of the ignition definitely worked, it's juiced up now. I just burned off the hair on both legs.

i have attached a picture.

its the esc, natural gas model.

pilot is firing like a champ, but can't get the burners to ignite. I'm guessing, because of the placement of the pilot burner. Again, I just burned my hair. It's firing, but it's blowing out the front.

i checked out the diagram and am still unsure of proper placement. Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

In the Industry

What you should do is turn off gas, undo gas line from valve remove bracket screws and pull burner tray out. This looks like it is sitting way below burner. In this position, when the gas valve opens to much gas is building up before it ignites. This can be really dangerous and not recommended. If removing tray is to complicated call a professional to repair

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks kadavis! I did figure it out. I pulled the pilot burner back out, then aligned it with the rear burner, to the right of the burner. Turned the gas off and let it clear out. Fired it back up and it worked perfectly!