Pump is getting old eventually replaced suggestions please

It is usually always worth getting a two speed pump.

But is the entire pump require replacement or just the motor? Usually the wet end of the pump can last for decades and the motor can be replaced multiple times before the wet end gives out.

OK thanks ...I inherited this 10 year pool a year ago and was told that pump has been repaired twice in last 2 years. They do repairs here al the time on pumps so maybt that's all to do anytime it fails? But do you think is that much better with this small pool and 1hp pump to replace with a 2 speed even though currently working fine to save on electrical [very expensive here]

Running on low speed will save 75% in energy costs. That can save a lot when electricity costs are high.

So how does that work exactly. I only use about 2 to 3 hours at most on what I worked out with the rating on this pump as it filters entire pool in an hour. With a 2 speed 1 HP [or would I get 1.5hp?] I run it on slow first speed for roughly same time and filters close to same amount with approximately 75‰ less electricity?
Thanks!

First, you should read this: Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

This is no real set amount of water than needs to be filtered (i.e. turnover is irrelevant). Once you get chlorine in the pool and it distributes, which doesn't take very long, run time is completely optional after that.

I have a 20k pool with a 1/2 HP two speed and currently I run 1 hour on high speed , for the skimmers and pool cleaner only, plus 3 hours on low speed for solar and the SWG. No other reason to run on high speed.

I run it on slow first speed for roughly same time and filters close to same amount with approximately 75‰ less electricity?
Correct. As long as the skimmers and any cleaner you use can run on low speed. However, if you only need run time for the skimmers and the cleaner, then a two speed may not benefit you much and you can stick with what you are using.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.