Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: in floor cleaners not popping up

1. Back To Top    #1

in floor cleaners not popping up

I have had a brief problem with my in floor pool jets not popping up before. This was after shutdown for "winter" here in AZ. I fiddled and i got them to start working. Well lately i have had them stop working again and I believe my six port valve is not getting the pressure it needs to pop them up? I did recently replace that as of last year. It was since then working great and being unbelievably clear and beautiful. I was wondering if there was anything I am be overlooking or if i need to gut the 6 port valve again and see if something broke within. I do seem to keep getting a lot of leaves and hair and stuff in filter, i think mainly because of the monsoon season we are having here in Arizona is doing that. Maybe it could be a clog in the system? Keep checking to see if pressure has jumped up on 6 port valve and i am getting next to zero at almost all times.
    TF-100 Tester
    12000 gallon salt water pool with pebble siding.
    DE Filter.
    In ground pool in hot Arizona.
    Circupool SJ Series Salt water generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: in floor cleaners not popping up

It may be your DE filter, what is the pressure after cleaning and now? if the filter is dirty it may not be allowing enough pressure to your valve..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

tucson, arizona

Re: in floor cleaners not popping up

Which model infloor system do you have?