Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need a new filter.

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Florida

I need a new filter.

I am currently using a Hayward De3600 and the filter housing is cracked. What are some recommendations for a suitable replacement and where I could get one at the best price? I would prefer a filter that would connect to the fittings that are already installed, so I just have to screw in the filter without having to adjust or replace anything else.

This one looks about right.

Hayward Pro Grid DE2420 Inground de Diatomaceous Earth Swimming Pool Filter | eBay .

The 3600 is 72 gpm, maybe a little more than needed for my pool?

This one is 24 sq. ft and 48 gpm, but that should cycle through my pool in 8 hours. 48*6*8=23,040
    22,000 gallon in ground, gunite, Hayward pump 1.5 hp and 36sq DE filter. Pool installation date unknown, at least 10 years. Screened enclosure.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: I need a new filter.

I would never go smaller with a filter, at least the same size or bigger
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

tucson, arizona

Re: I need a new filter.

The Hayward pro-grid series bottom tank half is the same for all sizes, so the plumbing will line up if you stay with this model. The difference is in the top half. I agree with the Cowboy stay at least the same size or larger