Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to Lower TA with a already low PH

1. Back To Top    #1

How to Lower TA with a already low PH

Hi all,

just did my first test with my TF-100. What an amazing kit! Below are the results:

FC 4.5
    TC 4.5
    PH 7.2
    TA 100
    CH 250
    CYA 80
    Salt 2100
    Borate 15

I would like to lower my TA, without lowering my PH anymore. Also I would like to raise my borates, to replicate mineral springs that I used to use. I assume I would areate using my waterfall to bring up the PH if I were to use muriatic acid to lower the TA?

Thanks
    Jason
    33k gal, SWG vinyl IGP, free form lagoon, 8' deep end 4' shallow end, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 2hp, AutoPilot SWG, DE filter, Manifold with RC-35/22 cell, Pool Pilot Digital, Gas heater, waterfall, 7 wall returns, 2 bottom returns, 2 skimmer baskets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to Lower TA with a already low PH

If your PH is stable then there is no need to lower your TA. If PH we rises then lower your PH with acid which will a.so lower your TA. If your PH is stable then go ahead and add borates when you are ready.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Wouldn't adding borates also raise my
    TA?
    33k gal, SWG vinyl IGP, free form lagoon, 8' deep end 4' shallow end, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 2hp, AutoPilot SWG, DE filter, Manifold with RC-35/22 cell, Pool Pilot Digital, Gas heater, waterfall, 7 wall returns, 2 bottom returns, 2 skimmer baskets

4. Back To Top    #4

Use the Effects of Adding Chems at the bottom of PoolMath to tell you what chems will add to the pool. Muriatic acid will also lower it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach