Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool heater hookup

1. Back To Top    #1

Twin Lakes

Pool heater hookup

Hello all. Newbie here. I was just wondering about hooking up the 1 1/2 inch filter hose to my heater. I have the Hayward universal H150 which, in the manual, says it can accommodate 2" or 2 1/2". Then says to not have any other flow restrictions from the outlet other than inline feeders which I do have. I plan on pouring a concrete pad next spring and will then do all pvc hookup, but i have all the parts already needed to hook up the 1 1/2 and was curious if this would cause too much restricrion. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pool heater hookup

Welcome to TFP!

Please add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you. More here on what to put in your signature and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It is perfectly fine to use 1 1/2 PVC hooked up to this unit. Use a 2" to 1 1/2 reducer, glued and inserted into the heaters union fitting.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

4. Back To Top    #4

Rochester, MA

Just an FYI, depending on how you plan to install your heater and if you are using any valves, you can use a Jandy never lube valve as a reducer from 2" to 1.5". It's what I did with my heater.
    18 x 36 In ground vinyl pool 8' deep end
    Hayward EC65 DE Filter
    Aquacal SQ225