Turbo cell problem?

Apr 10, 2016
Punta Gorda Fl
Hey all...have a question. On my saltwater pool panel I am showing a no flow light. I've tried to reset it, I unplugged it and replugged back in, etc...light still comes back on. So I removed the Hayward turbo cell and cleaned it. It actually had zero build up but I did the acid clean out anyways. I also checked that switch that is above the cell.....not sure how it is supposed to work but it looked clean and the two pieces were not fused or anything. Put it all back together and no flow light is on still.

So any ideas on whats next? I have no idea how old any of the components are, we bought the house approx 5 months ago.

Double check that there is enough flow through the cell. Has the pressure on the filter risen?

Make sure the arrow on the flow switch is pointing towards the water flow direction.

Inspect the cord for damage.

If all that passes, buy a new flow switch and hook it up electrically to the board but do not plumb it in yet. With the new flow switch hooked up and the pump running, keep the flow switch closed to represent water flowing through the switch. If the flow light goes out, install the new flow switch.

I was going to bring in the cell to have it checked out tomorrow...as for the filter pressure, not sure, good question. As for the switch direction, I didn't know there was even an arrow, so I will check that out tomorrow.

I will get a new switch and do that troubleshooting you suggested.

Will keep you updated, thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.