Jun 23, 2016
Monterrey, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Me again, :D

Hope you guys can help me with this questions.

I'm wondering if a single Intellibrite 5G White LED 300W equivalent pool light is enough for my new pool and if you don't mind telling me what would be the best placement (along the lenght or the width of the pool).

Pool size is 11'x21'x4.4'

I'm attaching a render of the project for you to be able to answer my questions.

THANKS!

View attachment 52909

Even though the pool light manufacturer has given that LED light a "300W equivalent" rating, you will definitely find that the LED light will appear to give a lot less light than the incandescent equivalent. For a pool your size, you will definitely want 2 lights, especially if you plan on having a plaster color that isn't white.

We generally do not recommend placing lights on the short ends of pools facing each other. That is because lights at the ends are in the swim path of swimmers and they end up swimming into the light which is not a pleasant experience. While this is a short pool and it may not be an issue placing a light at the far end of the pool would also violate rule one of pool light placement-- don't have lights facing outside seating areas. Most lights are used for effect at night and you don't want the light shining in folks eyes who are sitting around the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.