Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calcium line removal from fiberglass tile.

1. Back To Top    #1

Flintstone, GA USA

Calcium line removal from fiberglass tile.

I had my pool remodeled and after the remodel which involved a lot of cement and cement based products, I have a white line all along where the water level is on the fiberglass tile. The walls are Polynesian Pool fiberglass and the tiles are
    manufactured (molded) into the walls which look like they are real tile but actually fiberglass.

I think this is calcium because I can scrape it with my fingernails and it will eventually come off. I would like to know how to remove this easily and not damage the fiberglass blue tile.

Any help that anyone can give me will be appreciated. I have read about using sand paper but I am afraid that this will permentally damage the tile. I thought that maybe muriatic acid would work.

What do you think concerning removal of this?

18 x 36 Grecian Polynesian Fiberglass Walls with Concrete bottom - 3 ft to 9 1/2 ft. deep -
    Hayward Variable Speed Super Pump SP2600VS 1 1/2 True HP,Hayward sand filter S200, and Hayward auto clorinator. Hayward 250,000 natural gas heater. PoolKeeper automatic water leveler. Loop Loc Ultra Solid Safety Cover. Hayward Color Logic 12 volt light. Dual Pool Deck Jets.
    Polaris 380 auto cleaner. Trouble Free Test Kit TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Calcium line removal from fiberglass tile.

It is scale. Enter all your test results into PoolMath and it will give you a CSI number. Keep it between -0.3 and 0 to avoid scale. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling. It will go away on its own, mine did. Or you can use some 1 to 1 muriatic acid to water and a brush to brush it off.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach