Ok, so I pulled the trichlor tabs out of my pool last Saturday and have been testing my pool by myself ever since. The water is very clear, but my FC is being used up a lot (I know, it's 100 degrees out here in Dallas). My pool gets direct sunlight for a lot of the day.
CYA levels are still in the 80's, so I've been trying to get FC up to 9 or 10 morning and night. I've gone through three jugs of 8.25% bleach in ~5 days.
My main concern is that my FC dropped 2.0ppm two nights ago, and 1.5ppm last night. Overnight saturday and Sunday it did not drop more than 0.5ppm.
My water is extremely clear and I don't see any signs of algae, but I don't know how to explain my overnight loss other than algae being present. But it's weird that I wasn't having this issue the first couple days. I've been borderline obsessive testing my FC and getting bleach in there at least twice a day.
If I have to shock it, is it a cardinal sin to use the "Shock" that I have leftover from before I saw the light here? Or do I need to buy stock in Chlorox before I go to Costco and stock up?
Here's my latest readings from this morning:
That was after adding 36oz of bleach. FC an hour before that was 6.5. Tested at 10p last night and it was 8.0
- - - Updated - - -
I should also add, my FC was 8.0 yesterday morning. I added 28oz of Bleach after I tested. When I got home at 7p my FC was 6.5.
Don't know if that's normal given the heat and 9-10 hours of sunlight my pool gets.