Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation

I'm going away for 4 days. I having been using the tfp method for about a month with great results. I was going to get my pool up to shock level and have my parents run the filter every day. I don't have an automatic timer. I do have a pool frogged chlorinator but haven't used it since going to the tfp method. Should I open that while I'm away or just take my chances with the FC at shock level?
    16x32 19000 gal Sun most of day Hayward 1.0 HP D.E. Filter Vinyl liner Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Feasterville, PA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacation

If you increase the FC to SLAM level, that should last a couple days for you. After that, since your parents are going to run the pump/filter a little each day, have you considered having them simply add a little bleach each day? No need to run that chlorinator.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacation

That's true. I can just tell them to add a couple cups a day.
    16x32 19000 gal Sun most of day Hayward 1.0 HP D.E. Filter Vinyl liner Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Feasterville, PA