Recommendation on Pool Cleaners Robot or Pressure Side Vacuum

I've been researching pool cleaners and based on what I see, a robot would be the best alternative.

Current situation/setup.
Vinyl rectangular IG pool without a booster pump but the pool had one at one time. Line to the pool is still intact and operable.
GFI outlet to the pool.
Pool is rectangular.

Option 1. Install booster pump (plug and play..) and purchase a PS cleaner. If so, what set up is recommended (less than 1k).
Option 2. Purchase Robot. If so, which one...(considering the Doheny Discovery, trying to stay sub 1k if possible)

Based on my homework, it looks like the Robot is the way to go when comparing cost. What are other variable or considerations?

thanks .

I had a pressure side cleaner for 3 years and was never satisfied with it. It spent most of it's time in the deep end of the pool despite any adjustments to it. January this year I bought a Polaris 9550 and have been very pleased with it. Our pool is open all year and it gets a lot of tree debris in it. The 9550 has a large collection box and it handles all the tree junk very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.