Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: French grey looks green

1. Back To Top    #1

French grey looks green

Well we are just about done filling up the pool. I have read old post regarding this topic however I thought I'd start it anew. I have Krystalcrete French grey and man it looks real green. Please reassure me that this will change once full start up is complete.
    From old posts it appears that will be the case. I also thought it would be a good idea to before and after start up pictures to put anyone else's mind at ease who may find themselves in my situation. IMG_0012.JPG ( looks greener in person)
    Nabs
    In-ground, Gunite, 16K Gal, 30'x15' Rectangle w/
    10'x7' Tanning Ledge cutout
    Pentair Equip
    CMP Brilliant Wonders Waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: French grey looks green

Not familiar with your particular plaster, but our pool was green when we filled it due to metals in our fill water. Adding the sequestrant fixed that.

Picture of my pool right after filling was complete. It cleared up in a week or so.

Graeme // 15k gal 29x15 geometric IG w/750 gal spa, Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, travertine coping and decking, Clean & Clear Plus 420 sq ft cartridge filter, Intelliflo VS pump, 1hp water feature pump, Easytouch 8 w/wireless handheld, Racer pool cleaner, 400,000 BTU Max-E-Therm heater, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5G LED lighting, bubblers, pencil jets, TF-100 w/SpeedStir, Borates & Salt. Finished and filled June 2015!

3. Back To Top    #3

Generally yes, the color does change during the first few weeks. I don't know why this happens but folks have posted pics showing green at first then blue as time moves on.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by glo76 View Post
    Not familiar with your particular plaster, but our pool was green when we filled it due to metals in our fill water. Adding the sequestrant fixed that.

Picture of my pool right after filling was complete. It cleared up in a week or so.

Wow that looks really green...do you have a photo after it cleared up

Nabs
    Pentair Equip

5. Back To Top    #5

Tap water is surprisingly green in large volume. In most cases it clears up in less than a week. Unless it is iron in the source water.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Photo from the same angle, about the same time/light as before. This was taken 11 days after the 'green' shot.

Same day, different angle:

And now this is what it looks like in full sun a little over 1 yr later:

Graeme // 15k gal 29x15 geometric IG w/750 gal spa, Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, travertine coping and decking, Clean & Clear Plus 420 sq ft cartridge filter, Intelliflo VS pump, 1hp water feature pump, Easytouch 8 w/wireless handheld, Racer pool cleaner, 400,000 BTU Max-E-Therm heater, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5G LED lighting, bubblers, pencil jets, TF-100 w/SpeedStir, Borates & Salt. Finished and filled June 2015!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by glo76 View Post
    Photo from the same angle, about the same time/light as before. This was taken 11 days after the 'green' shot.

Same day, different angle:

And now this is what it looks like in full sun a little over 1 yr later:

Pool looks awesome...thanks I was just a little freaked out. This is our first pool and it has made me a little neurotic at times. Thanks to TFP, y'all have put my mind at ease on numerous occasions

Nabs
    Pentair Equip

8. Back To Top    #8

My PB told me to expect the green, but I appreciate your neurosis. My first pool too and I've gone through a whole range of suspicions from leaks to mustard algae. This forum helps loads in getting questions answered.