List of Finish Manufacturers that Require Licensed Applicators

Dec 18, 2015
Sacramento
I am beginning to investigate getting my pool refinished and I was curious what companies require licensed applicators to use their product. Personally, I would feel more confident knowing I would get a quality job from hiring an applicator from one of these companies.

So far, I know that the following require licensed applicators:
Pebble Tec
Finest Finish (Gemstone)
Wet Edge

For companies that do not require licensed applicators, I know of:
National Pool Tile

If anyone knows of other companies, I am happy to add them here. It may be a good resource for others down the road.

Some of these manufacturers like some solar manufacturers only sell their product to their distributors who have exclusive territories.

For Example Adams is the exclusive distributor for Pebble Tec in the Sacramento Area. Burketts is I believe the exclusive dealer for wet edge in Sacramento. Sierra Pacific is the exclusive distributor for Fafco solar in Sacramento.

So if you want that specific brand you have to tell that to your PB. I'm sure its political and economic. The Sacramento pie is much smaller than it was 10 years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.