CircuPool RJ Classic leaking

Aug 2, 2016
Colleyville, TX
I replaced the cell and housing on my RJ Classic SWG. When I placed it back on the pool plumbing it leaks slightly from the inside of the nuts on the inflow and outflow barrels. I have had the SWG for over five years and have taken it off many times to clean the element. I have talked to CircuPool and followed their limited instructions and I have changed the o-rings and used silicone lubricant. But the problem persists.

The union threads do not seal; they pull the faces together tight enough that the o-ring or gasket can seal. Make sure both male and female threads are clean and smooth, as well as the union faces. Be sure the o-ring grove is clean and that there is nothing causing an uneven pressure on the union faces such as dirt on the back side of the union against the ring. Plastic threads tend to wear and gall slightly after use, increasing the torque required to effect a seal, making it seem like the rings are tight enough when they are not. Sometimes a sparse amount of lube will do the trick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.