Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CircuPool RJ Classic leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Colleyville, TX

CircuPool RJ Classic leaking

I replaced the cell and housing on my RJ Classic SWG. When I placed it back on the pool plumbing it leaks slightly from the inside of the nuts on the inflow and outflow barrels. I have had the SWG for over five years and have taken it off many times to clean the element. I have talked to CircuPool and followed their limited instructions and I have changed the o-rings and used silicone lubricant. But the problem persists.

2. Back To Top    #2

McKinney. TX

Re: CircuPool RJ Classic leaking

Circupool may not like it, but you might try teflon tape on the union threads.....
    12,000 gallon, in-ground, Lunar Quartz-Bermuda finish. Pentair Intelliflo Pump and Pentair cartridge filer. Polaris 280 pool sweep. Circupool SJ40 SWG.

3. Back To Top    #3

Paradise (Hampstead, NC)

The union threads do not seal; they pull the faces together tight enough that the o-ring or gasket can seal. Make sure both male and female threads are clean and smooth, as well as the union faces. Be sure the o-ring grove is clean and that there is nothing causing an uneven pressure on the union faces such as dirt on the back side of the union against the ring. Plastic threads tend to wear and gall slightly after use, increasing the torque required to effect a seal, making it seem like the rings are tight enough when they are not. Sometimes a sparse amount of lube will do the trick.
    16X32 AB, Jacuzzi Laser 190 19" sand filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100

4. Back To Top    #4
    Fort Worth Texas

I put the big blue channel locks on mine and gave them and slight snugging .. That stoped the leaks .. Remember SLIGHT.
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA