Why variance between pool store computer and taylor 2006

Aug 20, 2015
Georgia
I've been checking my pool more in last week than I ever did in 11 years of ownership. Been writing levels down to see any changes. I don't have a reagent for Salt level ( found out yesterday I can get one for that) so I went to store to see my salt level. Salt got very low on vacation and had to slam pool when we got home. My SWG doesn't have the a display w numbers, light with only good, add or low. I didn't tell them about my use of troublefree pool. They have a large computer type system they add the water to and results come up on screen, trending my pools results in my computer file, below are results

K2006/computer
pH 7.5/7.8 Mine was almost 7.6 but still had orange so called it 7.5
FC 7.5/5.33
CC .5/ Theirs says Chlorine total 5.3
CH 325/194
TA 70/53
CYA 50/60
Copper /0
Iron /.2
Salt 3140

CSI -2.6/-4.1

Their recomendation was to add 2 bags salt with each bag increasing level 250, said also needed to add some acid ( no amount given) to lower pH
I'm managing my pool now with the poolmath but why such a difference in levels. I was happy with my levels and wasn't going to make any changes but their levels leave my CSI not where I want tem. I would have thought results would have been more similar. Am I just splitting hairs at this point and should I just leave it alone, lol I did get out of pool store with only buying salt though.

Trust your test results. We have seen thousands of times that pool store testing is not accurate. Only add salt if the SWG is giving a low salt error.

If you want to have "fun" take your water to 2 or 3 pool $tores...........I did it one time. Each store had different results needing different amounts of $$ to fix ranging from $50 to $175! The funny part is I had just tested my water and it was jewel like and spot on for TFP.

The machines need to be calibrated often but are very rarely done so of course the results are off BUT it does cause $ells so.....it is good for them!

The $tores that do it by hand do not rinse the tubes between tests and such things as that so...........that messes up the results again!

Trust YOUR tests. NO one cares about your pool like you do.

:kim:

I've been checking my pool more in last week than I ever did in 11 years of ownership. Been writing levels down to see any changes. I don't have a reagent for Salt level ( found out yesterday I can get one for that) so I went to store to see my salt level. Salt got very low on vacation and had to slam pool when we got home. My SWG doesn't have the a display w numbers, light with only good, add or low. I didn't tell them about my use of troublefree pool. They have a large computer type system they add the water to and results come up on screen, trending my pools results in my computer file, below are results

K2006/computer
pH 7.5/7.8 Mine was almost 7.6 but still had orange so called it 7.5
FC 7.5/5.33
CC .5/ Theirs says Chlorine total 5.3
CH 325/194
TA 70/53
CYA 50/60
Copper /0
Iron /.2
Salt 3140

CSI -2.6/-4.1

Their recomendation was to add 2 bags salt with each bag increasing level 250, said also needed to add some acid ( no amount given) to lower pH
I'm managing my pool now with the poolmath but why such a difference in levels. I was happy with my levels and wasn't going to make any changes but their levels leave my CSI not where I want tem. I would have thought results would have been more similar. Am I just splitting hairs at this point and should I just leave it alone, lol I did get out of pool store with only buying salt though.

Your CSI - I think you mean -.26 & -.41

If you want to have "fun" take your water to 2 or 3 pool $tores...........I did it one time. Each store had different results needing different amounts of $$ to fix ranging from $50 to $175! The funny part is I had just tested my water and it was jewel like and spot on for TFP.

The machines need to be calibrated often but are very rarely done so of course the results are off BUT it does cause $ells so.....it is good for them!

The $tores that do it by hand do not rinse the tubes between tests and such things as that so...........that messes up the results again!

Trust YOUR tests. NO one cares about your pool like you do.

:kim:

+1

The only time you should get the pool store to test your water is if you suspect metals in it and, even then, it's just an indication, not a good measurement.

They are just in too much of a hurry and too careless with cross-contamination and lighting to get consistent, accurate results.

They have a large computer type system they add the water to and results come up on screen... I'm managing my pool now with the poolmath but why such a difference in levels.

Easy- the K2006 is there to tell you the level of chemicals in your water. The pool store's computer is there to make you buy stuff from them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.