Sand Filter spewing water

My Waterway sand filter is fine when I direct the water to the pool but when I direct it to the filter it makes a grinding type noise and spews water. I have tried unscrewing and then tightening the cap on the threads multiple times but there is no change.

Attachments

• 20160802_172444.jpg
    20160802_172444.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20160802_172509.jpg
    20160802_172509.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 68
A cracked (missing?) gasket comes to mind. Have you removed and inspected? Amy recent changes to pool or pool equipment? What is the pressure reading?

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

Not in the line. When I select the, to pool, setting it works fine. With the to pool setting it sucks the water up through the skimmer, sends it through the motor and into the filter but it does not go into the sand, it is diverted to the hose that goes to the chlorinator and then the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is only a guess but with the amount of water coming out it seems that a seal or o-ring is either damaged, installed incorrectly or completely missing. I'm glad to hear that that you are getting it replaced. Just curious, did it behave this way from the start?

It did spew like that from the start. I got the new filter in and I now know what the problem was. The split nut would not screw down far enough on the threaded sleeve for some reason. When I would tighten it tighten all the way, and no, it was not cross threaded. I took it off and put it on many times in trying to figure out the problem. With this new pump it tightened down fully and smoothly the first go.

- - - Updated - - -

On a plus they upgraded my motor to a 2 speed, 2hp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.