Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead mouse

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead mouse

Hi all

Just found a dead mouse in my pool. I think it was probably less than two hours in the water, if that. What steps, if any should I take? Dump some chlorine, jack up the SWG output? I am having a pool party this weekend, so don't want to take any drastic measures that would upset chemistry too much!

Advice appreciated
    Tom
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dead mouse

A little more FC is fine. If you have a jug of bleach handy just add 2-4 ppm.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by tlevy View Post
    Hi all

Just found a dead mouse in my pool. I think it was probably less than two hours in the water, if that. What steps, if any should I take? Dump some chlorine, jack up the SWG output? I am having a pool party this weekend, so don't want to take any drastic measures that would upset chemistry too much!

Advice appreciated
    Tom
    Been there. The natural advice would be to check your FC and make sure you aren't below target. The instinctive thing I would do?......add a gallon of bleach to my pool......but that's just me.

Can you post up test results to confirm you're within range for your CYA?
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Dead mouse

Right now i am running pump and SWG at 100%. I only have enough juice for one more cya test. At the time it was low, at 26 ppm. I adjusted up last week to a cya level of 50 ppm. Latest FC test is 5 ppm, with 0 CC. However (don't hate me yet...) i only have the DPD kit right now. Will get FAS kit for next season...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Wait...i adjusted up to a cya of 40 ppm. I need to retest to confirm, but it should be in the 40 ppm range right now (not 50 ppm, despite prev post)...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by tlevy View Post
    Hi all

Just found a dead mouse in my pool. I think it was probably less than two hours in the water, if that. What steps, if any should I take?
    That depends on how you like to serve your mice? Do you prefer grilled, boiled or steamed?

I wouldn't worry as I am guessing there are more germs on the humans in your pool than the rodents.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels