Gunite in ground paint fade

Jul 22, 2015
Knoxville
Has anybody here attempted a new diy paint job for their pool, any reviews for the material, installation and tips like when to do it (before or after the pool season). How much time can u leave a pool empty to recoat it without it popping outta the ground? That last one scares the heck outta me lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Most gunite pools are plastered, not painted. Did the pool once have plaster? Paint will usually only last a few years.

There are a few diy paint and even a couple of diy replaster jobs in the archives. Painting really isn't worth the effort since it only lasts 2-3 years. Better off to live with it for a while and save up for a replaster.

Some pools can be left empty for years without a problem. Some pools pop the day after they are drained. It depends on soil type and groundwater. Doe the pool have a hydrostatic relief valve?

Regardless of the manufacturers warranty claims pool paint generally only lasts a couple of years.

If you can remove the main drain cover, the hydrostatic valve is normally under it.

I had a painted pool as well...waste of time and resources...better off to do nothing if you can't re-plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.