Time for a new liner????

Jun 18, 2016
Midlothian, TX
Well, for starters I've done one slam on my pool after another for about 2 months. Something is obviously not working right on my system. My swg is old, could be that. However I mentioned my woes to someone at work who also owns a pool. He told me that fiberglass can actually deteriorate at some point and that people sometimes put some sort of epoxy paint over it to protect it. For the moment, I'm supplementing my SWG with chlorine tablets. It seemed to be working but when I got up this morning I once again saw the dreaded cloudy waters. My cousin said its nothing. That it's just the heat making the algae grow (I live in Dallas). So the question is, how do I even start off diagnosing if I have a more systematic problem in my pool than just water getting off balance? It seems like everyone I talk to has s different opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just reading thru your Grand Slam thread and JVTrain's post about milky water raised a flag... Have you been maintaining your FC at or just above your target FC level? Heat does help the algae grow but if you maintain you FC at the proper levels, it doesnt stand a chance.
Do you have a list of your current levels?

That's exactly my concern. Shouldn't FC stay up for a couple of days with a SWG running 24/7 AND chlorine tabs? I pass a SLAM by the criteria set out on TFP. Everything is good for a few days. Then the next thing I know my FC drops to 0, my water is cloudy and I'm doing another SLAM. By now I think the Clorox CEO should send me a personal letter thanking me for putting his kids through college. Ok, seriously, I'm running a SWG and chlorine tablets. It feels like there is something bigger going on with the pool and I may need to replace/repair some hardware. I just don't know where to start looking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.