Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RAIN!!

1. Back To Top    #1

RAIN!!

Nearly 2" of it overnight on Sunday. Bad storms too. The water floated the top off my skimmer and was spilling over the top yesterday. Leaf rake to get all the twigs and big leaves out and a lot of vac to waste and the pool is clean again. I finally had the CYA level up but will have to retest that, and may need more pool salt.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: RAIN!!

You'll be okay.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yesterday we had more than 2 Inches, I set to drain from Skimmer only, and tested after that and my FC was 6.5 and pH 7.8 all fine here...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

We got more rain again tonight, water looks to be about where it was 36 hrs ago. I'll be pumping more to waste again tomorrow night.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by crokett View Post
    We got more rain again tonight, water looks to be about where it was 36 hrs ago. I'll be pumping more to waste again tomorrow night.
    I was praying to get those- needed rain water to drop CYA/CH so stop complaining it's all relative
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit