How to Determine When to Re-Plaster?

Dec 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How do you know when you need to re-plaster?

I twisted the arms of Gary Pools here in San Antonio and, while they wanted to send someone out, they did tell me that plastering starts at $5,000 and goes up. Is this true?

(The pool is perhaps 10 years old, and we have been maintaining a good chemical balance for the last six years, but I have no indication that it was maintained well prior to that.)

ETA: If we need it at all it's likely because of one 4 square inch part that looks bare.

Plaster is a lot like paint on a car most of the time it is an aesthetic issue that causes people to do a re-plaster that or texture. You only NEED a re-plaster if you are loosing water but if you have bare spots, are scuffing toes because the texture or just generally looks bad then you are probably at the point it is time to start thinking about it. As for price, with anything major relating to pool best to get a few quotes. For plaster I wold be more concerned with reputation and quality than price a $1000 difference for a well respected company who knows what they are doing is a small price to pay for something you will have to look at for years to come.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.