Newbie question.

Aug 1, 2016
Merrick NY
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am really enjoying reading the pool school articles as I await the arrival of my TF-100 test kit, borate test strips, salt test strips and magnetic stirrer. Attached are my latest pool chemical results. I already added 8lbs of stabilizer, so hopefully when I get my test kit that will have come up.

My next move is to lower PH, this brings me to my question. In several articles it states to add the muriatic acid directly into the pool, infront of a deep end return. My pool doesn't have any deep end returns on the walls, only two bottom returns in the deep end. What would you suggest in this situation. Thanks for the help!

Jay

Attachments

• Photo Aug 01, 4 17 05 AM.jpg
    Photo Aug 01, 4 17 05 AM.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 22
I wouldn't add anything but a gallon of bleach until the test kit comes. You really should have held off on that stabilizer, but it is what it is. :)

When adding acid, I only have 1 return and it's in the shallow end, so I just make sure I pour it really slowly and make sure it goes into the return stream.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.