Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie question.

1. Back To Top    #1

Merrick NY

Newbie question.

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and I am really enjoying reading the pool school articles as I await the arrival of my TF-100 test kit, borate test strips, salt test strips and magnetic stirrer. Attached are my latest pool chemical results. I already added 8lbs of stabilizer, so hopefully when I get my test kit that will have come up.

My next move is to lower PH, this brings me to my question. In several articles it states to add the muriatic acid directly into the pool, infront of a deep end return. My pool doesn't have any deep end returns on the walls, only two bottom returns in the deep end. What would you suggest in this situation. Thanks for the help!

Attached Images Attached Images
    33k gal, SWG vinyl IGP, free form lagoon, 8' deep end 4' shallow end, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 2hp, AutoPilot SWG, DE filter, Manifold with RC-35/22 cell, Pool Pilot Digital, Gas heater, waterfall, 7 wall returns, 2 bottom returns, 2 skimmer baskets

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Ogden, UT

Re: Newbie question.

Pick one of your jets as close to the deep and as possible and pour slowly so it disperses
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

3. Back To Top    #3
    TFP Guide
    Greenville, SC

Re: Newbie question.

I wouldn't add anything but a gallon of bleach until the test kit comes. You really should have held off on that stabilizer, but it is what it is.

When adding acid, I only have 1 return and it's in the shallow end, so I just make sure I pour it really slowly and make sure it goes into the return stream.
    35K gallon Krystle Krete (Plaster) - Sand Filter - TF100
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart