Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor speakers for pool and patio

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor speakers for pool and patio

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers?

Amazon.com: TIC GS-3 150-Watt Outdoor In-Ground Speaker: Home Audio Theater

I wanted to install four around my pool and two around a patio and hook them up to this receiver, that I will put in a nearby garage. I will use my iPhone to play music.

Amazon.com: Pyle P2002ABTI 2000 Watts Hybrid Receiver and Pre-Amplifier with AM-FM Tuner/iPod Docking Station and Bluetooth: Home Audio Theater

Thanks.
    33k gal, SWG vinyl IGP, free form lagoon, 8' deep end 4' shallow end, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 2hp, AutoPilot SWG, DE filter, Manifold with RC-35/22 cell, Pool Pilot Digital, Gas heater, waterfall, 7 wall returns, 2 bottom returns, 2 skimmer baskets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor speakers for pool and patio

I have 4 of the GS-3 speakers around my pool I installed this past spring. I'm using an older Sony receiver and they sound very good. I've been happy with the purchase. I also bought an apple airport express to extend the wifi to the back yard and to be able to stream music over AirPlay from the iPhone or iPad from Amazon Music.

i have also painted the speakers to blend in with the landscape because the green they come in wouldn't have looked that good where I was putting them.

3. Back To Top    #3

I thought my outdoor speakers sounded good until I heard these:

Amazon.com: Definitive Technology AW 5500 Outdoor Speaker (Single, Black): Electronics

You can find them for $99 occasionally at BestBuy or an Amazon sale. Really great sound.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

We bought two of the TIC GS-3 for the far side of the pool, and two Polk Audio speakers for the pavillion. Were very happy with both sets.
    Inground 18'x36' vinyl liner SWG pool

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I too have two of the TICs in addition to 4 Polk Atriums, 8 Polk 6" ceiling speakers in the patio and 16 others throughout the house. They are all powered by a Pyle 8,000W amp and our receiver.

The TICs sound surprisingly good especially considering the price.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

6. Back To Top    #6

We have 2 Klipsch AW-650's and 2 JBL's. Personally I think it's better to buy 2 very nice & capable speakers that will give you plenty of coverage- no need for overkill
    30,000 gallon gunite swg, 3HP VSP, Pentair TA-100D, 8' spa w table/water feature, waterfall and PCC 2000 infloor

7. Back To Top    #7

I have these on my deck and they sound great
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Geebot View Post
    I thought my outdoor speakers sounded good until I heard these:

Amazon.com: Definitive Technology AW 5500 Outdoor Speaker (Single, Black): Electronics

You can find them for $99 occasionally at BestBuy or an Amazon sale. Really great sound.
    I got the 6500 version of these. Sound great.
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

9. Back To Top    #9

I put some of these around our pool. Sound great. Nice even coverage so its not too loud at any one spot and the 8" sub add nice low end. http://www.sonance.com/outdoor/sonarray
    Vinyl, 20' X 44' in-ground, 35,000 gallons, Inteliflo VS 3HP, Triton TR-100 w/ activate, MasterTemp 400,000K LP, Dolphin Supreme M500, Hydramatic Hydraulic Auto Cover, TF-100 Test Kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

i just bought these for our new pool. AMAZING!! They are pricey. Hooked up to my SONOS connect amp (hard-wired).

Amazon.com: Niles RS8Si Granite Pro Weatherproof Rock Loudspeakers: Home Audio Theater
    Springfield, Missouri 19,400 Gallon IG Vinyl Liner Rectangle Pool (16x36) 4/5.5
    Build in August 2016
    Pentair Heat Pump, Whisperflo 1.5 hp, Coverstar Autocover, 6x16 Tan Ledge with Bubblers, 3 LEDs, Pentair 60 Sand Filter
    TF-100

12. Back To Top    #12

I went with Definitive Tech speakers along with an Insignia Bluetooth stereo receiver. I then added the Amazon Dot and everything is perfect.
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

13. Back To Top    #13

They are all powered by a Pyle 8,000W amp and our receiver.
    I guess you could always jump start the car with that beast!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    I guess you could always jump start the car with that beast!
    Dual purpose!!!
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by bgeorge34 View Post
    i just bought these for our new pool. AMAZING!! They are pricey. Hooked up to my SONOS connect amp (hard-wired).

Amazon.com: Niles RS8Si Granite Pro Weatherproof Rock Loudspeakers: Home Audio Theater

+1 for the Niles RS8. I also have a Niles RS6 and a pair of Bose Free Space 51's(Bose 51 environmental speakers at Crutchfield.com
    ). All wired to Yamaha receiver with Airplay so I can control my music from my iphone or watch.
    19,xxx gal gunite pool ,Fafco Solar, Pentair; Intelliflo VS Pump, EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear Plus Filter,ScreenLogic2, IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator, 3 IntelliBrite 5g LED lights and 1 Color Cascade LED Light Bubbler. 3 deck jets and 1 sheer decent waterfall

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman 21 View Post
    +1 for the Niles RS8. I also have a Niles RS6 and a pair of Bose Free Space 51's(Bose 51 environmental speakers at Crutchfield.com
    ). All wired to Yamaha receiver with Airplay so I can control my music from my iphone or watch.
    I've found more is better. Not volume. Number of speakers. Stage Presence. If you only have 2 speakers you'll have to really crank them up when a party breaks out. To the point where you'll one day get to meet Officer Friendly with a noise complaint.

I have 6 speakers and 2 subs. 2 X OSD Audio RS840, 4 X Definitive Technology AW 6500 and 2 X Earthquake Sound Granite-10D Subs. Speakers powered by Yamaha RX-A3030 with 4 zones (4th used for HDTV at the bar). Subs by Polk SWA500M amp.

The result is full pool coverage Voice/instruments with awesome Bass at a lower volume. Only 2 complaints over 3 years. I live in a retirement community (I retired early). Lots of cranky Old Farts around. No Problems.

If you live in the country.... disregard all above. Party ON.

Carl

17. Back To Top    #17

Totally agree on the definintive Technology speakers, I have the larger AW6500 Speakers, mounted against my garage where the passive bass radiator can use the garage wall as a reinforcer. A pair of these with a Sonance volume control gives me awesome stereo sound and separation with volume control independent of the source volume control. This is the way to go, as I a have another pair in my outdoor kitchen area, I can balance the sound between the two pairs, or not use one pair at all.

18. Back To Top    #18

If you live in the country.... disregard all above. Party ON.
    Party ON Garth!.........(fixed that for ya'!)
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

19. Back To Top    #19

Speakers

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Steelydanfan View Post
    Totally agree on the definintive Technology speakers, I have the larger AW6500 Speakers, mounted against my garage where the passive bass radiator can use the garage wall as a reinforcer. A pair of these with a Sonance volume control gives me awesome stereo sound and separation with volume control independent of the source volume control. This is the way to go, as I a have another pair in my outdoor kitchen area, I can balance the sound between the two pairs, or not use one pair at all.
    I bet Haitian Divorce sounds good on that setup Love Steelydan, best concert I've ever seen, actually I mean heard.

Salty
    20X40 30,000 gal. Vinyl, AquaPlus Automation w/ T-15 SWG & AquaConnect, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, ProSeries S310T2 Filter, H Series 400FDN Heater, Sense/Dispense with Stenner Pump, ColorLogic X 3, TigerShark RC990, ​Borates, TF-100 test kit, K-1766 & Speed Stir Finally done! Well Almost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast