Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refinishing - Looking for a stain resistant finish

1. Back To Top    #1

Refinishing - Looking for a stain resistant finish

I am refinishing my pool and fighting a beautiful cedar that has needles that stain my current pebblefina within hours of touching the bottom. I am considering a Beadcrete finish that claims to be resistant to stains (due to the glass I suppose). I am wondering if anyone has experience with this finish or others that have helped them avoid the constant organic stain battle. Thank you for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Refinishing - Looking for a stain resistant finish

Beadcrete is a beautiful pool finish and can create amazing water color. Having done multiple jobs with this product I will say that the glass does not stain, the cement that holds the glass in place does. This is true with most finishes including pebble and quartz, the aggregate does not stain but the cement portion does.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspools View Post
    Beadcrete is a beautiful pool finish and can create amazing water color. Having done multiple jobs with this product I will say that the glass does not stain, the cement that holds the glass in place does. This is true with most finishes including pebble and quartz, the aggregate does not stain but the cement portion does.
    Okay, so I'd want to choose a color where the cement is darker than my organic stains then.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

That would be one option, the best option is to prevent the stain. If preventing the stain in not possible then I would go with a Sand Pebble Tec or the Citrine Jewelscapes. Either one should work for your situation.