Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loving TFPC!

1. Back To Top    #1

Loving TFPC!

When I was being pool stored I was constantly apologizing to guests about how my pool looked! Now I am happy to say I haven't went to the pool store in three weeks and I won't be going back either. Instead of apologizing to guests I am getting compliments on how nice my pool water is and people asking for help with their pool! My hubby is thrilled because as he says I have stopped the bleed on the checkbook. Thank you all so much!
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. XtremePowerUSA 4500 GPH 19" Sand Filter w/1.5 HP Pump. Hayward Dyna-Skim In The Wall Skimmer. Hard Plumbed w/2" PVC. PVC Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD. Use The Pool Math App By Trouble Free Pool For Logging.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Loving TFPC!

Completely agree even though I never had an honor of a cloudy/green pool as I got here before I went to the pool store for the first time.

I think we need special area of the forum dedicated to these messages so newcomers could easily find it and feel more confident. Pictures of before and after would help a lot too. I, for one, was under impression that my water wasn't clear enough as I could notice small particles floating in the pool light at night- until I saw pics of some actual cloudy water .
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by GinaLovesSummer View Post
    When I was being pool stored I was constantly apologizing to guests about how my pool looked! Now I am happy to say I haven't went to the pool store in three weeks and I won't be going back either. Instead of apologizing to guests I am getting compliments on how nice my pool water is and people asking for help with their pool! My hubby is thrilled because as he says I have stopped the bleed on the checkbook. Thank you all so much!
    I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store and their sales, please consider making a donation to TFP.
    We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donation are what keep the electrons flowing.

TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by max2k View Post
    Completely agree even though I never had an honor of a cloudy/green pool as I got here before I went to the pool store for the first time.

I think we need special area of the forum dedicated to these messages so newcomers could easily find it and feel more confident. Pictures of before and after would help a lot too. I, for one, was under impression that my water wasn't clear enough as I could notice small particles floating in the pool light at night- until I saw pics of some actual cloudy water .
    We have a sub forum for testimonials...

8,400 gal 3K GPH pump, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    We have a sub forum for testimonials...

8,400 gal 3K GPH pump, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    would you be kind enough to post a link? I was unable to find it - at least it is not listed under 'Forum' tab.
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

7. Back To Top    #7

Actually is a sticky in the TFPC method

The corner stone of TFP

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    Piolin,

That link is buried so far down I do not think any Newbie would ever find it. Uh, never mind. It is labeled as closed anyway.
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.

9. Back To Top    #9

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10

Margarita time!!!!

The corner stone of TFP

11. Back To Top    #11

Oh cool! I didn't realize there was a place to post testimonials! An adult beverage in my sparkling pool does sound mighty good...lol
    Thanks everyone!
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. XtremePowerUSA 4500 GPH 19" Sand Filter w/1.5 HP Pump. Hayward Dyna-Skim In The Wall Skimmer. Hard Plumbed w/2" PVC. PVC Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD. Use The Pool Math App By Trouble Free Pool For Logging.