Rebar Bleed Repair

Mar 24, 2015
Biloxi, MS
All,

Looks like ill be closing my pool down this winter. I have two spots on the shallow and one on the deep end that have pretty sever rebar/rust bleed. Pool is about 7 years old and i have owned it two. My plan is to have the spots cut out and patched as the plaster is still in good shape. However my concern is focused around draining the pool. We live in a pretty low lying area and I am afraid that my pool may pop out of the ground. The pool is built into the side of my sloping back yard nt sure if this helps my situation. There are no Hydrostatic valves installed. Is there any type of insurance policy that could be taken out to cover this as every builder including the one who built the pool state they will not cover the cost of the pool floating out of the ground. My homeowners policy does not cover it. Hate to gamble and have this repair turn into a nightmare but the stains are getting worse. Thanks for your ideas and input. See pictures for pool layout.pool1.jpgpool2.jpg

17000 gallon plaster pool with SWG.

Nice pool!

First, be sure it is rebar bleed?

Is is a pebble finish? Occasionally, a metallic object gets in the pebble mix and rusts. I had one spot, PB dug it out and used pool putty to fix, all underwater.

It could also be from a nail or bobby pin left in the water. Use some Vit C tablets to lift the stains and see if they return.

If it is a crack and rebar bleed then a plaster repair company should be able to chisel the crack a bit and repair it with pool putty underwater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.