Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Becsys5 problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Becsys5 problems

I'm pretty new to the business of maintaining pools, having started in june. I have picked it up very quickly and can run the place smoothly except for when it comes to the becs system on my small pool.
    I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to maintain a constant ORP without is spiking.
    After many trials and tribulations I have come to two conclusions. Either the rotachem machine that feeds the chlorine has too high a volume output (as it is the same volume as my large pool) or that the becs may be broken.

I have come to these conclusions as My pool company have supposedly changed the sensors, I've pinched the line that feeds chlorine to restrict the volume output and I've tried controlling the chlorine manually myself, timing the feed.

The pool is a 15,000 gallon outdoor pool that has a constant good level of all other chemicals.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Becsys5 problems

More information on your pool, control system and what specific problems you are having would be helpful.

I can guess your system is over-chlorinating, which is a common issue reported in ORP based automation systems.

A search of TFP brings up numerous threads from the past regarding these issues: ORP Problem Threads

Please feel free to read through them, but please keep your questions in this thread.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Becsys5 problems

Quote Originally Posted by LouisRhodes View Post
    I'm pretty new to the business of maintaining pools, having started in june. I have picked it up very quickly and can run the place smoothly except for when it comes to the becs system on my small pool.
    I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to maintain a constant ORP without is spiking.
    After many trials and tribulations I have come to two conclusions. Either the rotachem machine that feeds the chlorine has too high a volume output (as it is the same volume as my large pool) or that the becs may be broken.

I have come to these conclusions as My pool company have supposedly changed the sensors, I've pinched the line that feeds chlorine to restrict the volume output and I've tried controlling the chlorine manually myself, timing the feed.

The pool is a 15,000 gallon outdoor pool that has a constant good level of all other chemicals.
    Hello and welcome!

Have you confirmed the FC level with a proper FAS/DPD test?

What is a 'constant good level of all other chemicals'? Can you post a complete set of recent test results?

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!