Filter not building pressure, shooting dirt water back into pool

jdudge

Jul 31, 2016
chester ny
I have a Hayward CE 75 de filter with filter fingers. Suction and return are working great. However when I vacuum the pressure is not building up in the filter as it should. On start up dirty water is shooting back into pool. I've taken it apart and replaced the diaphragm, the top plate and a few suspect fingers. Nothing has changed. I do not have mulit port valve. Help!

use to run about 20psi.. now it's like 5-10. Pressure doesn't change when not vacuuming

- - - Updated - - -

Also, pool is turning on me which makes me think the filter is not doing it's job whether vacuuming or not ...

If it was 20 and now it's 5-10 you either have a broken gauge or there is a blockage between the skimmer and the pump impeller.

Fix that first and then we'll work on the dirty water issue.

The suction is working great and the returns are running strong.. If there was a blockage wouldn't the suction pressure be bad? It just seems like the water is coming in to the filter fine but is diverting the fingers on it's way back into the pool.. Also noticed this am green earth backed up into the clear pipe leading into the filter from the pump.. Not sure if that matters.

Also, when taking the filter apart noticed the DE I added was not coating the fingers and building up against the bottom plate as it use to.. I'm guess that's because it's shooting back into the pool... Which would explain the cloudy water and brown sediment in the pool..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.