Judging the status of plaster

Jul 29, 2016
tulsa,oklahoma
In the process of draining my water in order to get the CYA and CH to acceptable levels, I am comcerned about my plaster job, or the lack thereof. (See Will Chlorine Kill Black Alage thread in algae section for the whole tale)

I have drained down enough to expose two feet of plaster (or what I call plaster because I think gunite is gray) But all of the exposed "plaster" is rough, like a pumice stone. Nothing smooth about it. I should think it should be almost smooth like vinyl.

Thanks

Can depend on many factors age, type of material, scaling how the plaster was cared for. You can try to post a picture while it is exposed and someone may be able to chime in but texture is hard to determine from a photo. I would call a plaster company to come take a look, I would think they would for free on the off chance they might get an acid wash or re-plaster job out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.