Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Judging the status of plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Judging the status of plaster

In the process of draining my water in order to get the CYA and CH to acceptable levels, I am comcerned about my plaster job, or the lack thereof. (See Will Chlorine Kill Black Alage thread in algae section for the whole tale)

I have drained down enough to expose two feet of plaster (or what I call plaster because I think gunite is gray) But all of the exposed "plaster" is rough, like a pumice stone. Nothing smooth about it. I should think it should be almost smooth like vinyl.

Thanks
    32,000 gallon IG plaster (redone in 2003)
    Filter: Triton II sand
    Pump: Pentair Challenger 1 HP
    Test Kit: Taylor 2006

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Judging the status of plaster

Can depend on many factors age, type of material, scaling how the plaster was cared for. You can try to post a picture while it is exposed and someone may be able to chime in but texture is hard to determine from a photo. I would call a plaster company to come take a look, I would think they would for free on the off chance they might get an acid wash or re-plaster job out of it.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!