Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Added 8 lbs of Stabilizer and now getting error flor rate

1. Back To Top    #1

Added 8 lbs of Stabilizer and now getting error flor rate

Hello All, I am new to the forum and pool ownership so please forgive my ignorance, and I have loved what I read so far on this great forum!

I had my water tested by my Bioguard rep below are the results:

CYA: 34
    Tot Ch:0.2
    FC: 0.1
    PH: 8.1
    TH: 230
    Minerals 2700
    Borates: 26

He told me to add salt and hit boost on my AutoPilot, which I did, I asked him about the low CYA number and he told me to ignore it, a week later I tested it again with my test strips, still to chlorine and green algae on the bottom after a long weekend away.

I figured I am losing chlorine due to the low CYA, i then went to Leslie pool and added 8lbs of powder stabilizer, 4lbs diluted slowly using a 5gal bucket into the return, and then two hours laters adding 4more lbs diluted into return.

I am know seeing a flow error on my the display of my AutoPilot, after reading this forum and reading about the sock method, I am assuming I didn't dilute enough.

My question is, if I keep the pump running will the stabilizer eventually dilute itself within my system and error flow message will clear itself?

PS I added 4lbs of shock to clear the algae and get a chlorine boost, as per the kid at Leslie Pool.

PPS, I would like to stop using Mineral Springs and the hands off approach to pool ownership and start getting more hands on, as what I have been doing for the past three years of pool ownership has not been working. Anyone can suggest a plan of action, that would be much appreciated. From the quick browsing I have been doing, ordering the pool test kit that was mentioned in one of the other posts would be the first step? Bioguard Mineral Springs is breaking my budget!
    33k gal, SWG vinyl IGP, free form lagoon, 8' deep end 4' shallow end, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 2hp, AutoPilot SWG, DE filter, Manifold with RC-35/22 cell, Pool Pilot Digital, Gas heater, waterfall, 7 wall returns, 2 bottom returns, 2 skimmer baskets

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Added 8 lbs of Stabilizer and now getting error flor rate

Hi, and welcome to TFP. First order of business is a test kit. This is the best one available. TFTestkits.net

Until that gets here, read up on Pool School. If you have anything that is adding metal to the water I would remove that immediately. Add 1/2 gallon of bleach / day until your test kits arrives.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Please read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School while you are waiting for your kit. It's the beginning of everything we teach.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I wonder if dumping all that in through the skimmer causes a plug in the pipes and a FLO error? Has that resolved yet?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

The pump has been running for about 12 hours and I still have the flow error message. What's weird is the presurre on the gauge on top of my de filter still reads about 20lbs.
    33k gal, SWG vinyl IGP, free form lagoon, 8' deep end 4' shallow end, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 2hp, AutoPilot SWG, DE filter, Manifold with RC-35/22 cell, Pool Pilot Digital, Gas heater, waterfall, 7 wall returns, 2 bottom returns, 2 skimmer baskets

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

The addition of CYA is unrelated to your error message.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Your screen could be clogged in the pipe connected to the Auto Pilot generator.
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner