Saturation Index Levels

Garret

Jul 31, 2016
East, Texas
Good evening, 1st time posting. Trying to get 2nd opinion if my pool is scaling from the saturation index listed. The following test results were from local pool store. They said I may have to add Scale Inhibitor.

7-21-16 7-27-16
Temp 85 Temp 96
Saturation index 1.3 Saturation index 1.4
CYA 97 CYA 97
TC 1.1 TC 1.1
FC 1.0 FC 1.1
PH 8.3 PH 8.5
TA 230 TA 148
ADJ TA 201 ADJ TA 119
CH 291 CH 317

In that week I had added 1 gal Muriatic Acid and 1 Gal Liquid Chlorine Sodium Hypochlorite 10%
Also received 1/2 inch of rain. After the 7-27-16 test, they said to add 1 Gal Acid to lower the PH, which I have done. Also have added 1/2 Gal Liq. Chlorine.

I do not see any signs of scaling, white powder on floor or walls. They pool is crystal clear, has been since new liner was installed July 7, 2016. I'm trying to make sure I do not ruin my new liner. This morning when I tested the water, TC was 3 and PH was 7.6 My test results differ than the pool stores. What is a recommendation for a test kit. Wanting to get a new one, not sure which one though. Any help and/or comments are greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

First, we have found 100s of times over the years that pool store test results are not reliable for a number of reasons. Therefore we recommend testing your own water with a good test kit, one of these, Pool School - Test Kits Compared. My preference is the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net.

To avoid scaling enter all of you test results into PoolMath, link above ^^^. This will give you a CSI score. Keep that score negative to avoid scale. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.