Upgraded filter on our Bestway 14x42 steel frame pool

Jul 10, 2016
Boaz, KY
I just finished upgrading the filter, plumbing, and fittings on our Bestway pool today. The filter is the Intex 2800 gph sand filter (thought I bought the 2650, but it was the 2800). I cut the 1.25 hose nipples out of the pool, and installed the large Intex fittings I had from an old pool. Plumbing is done with 1.5" PVC, and 1.5" PVC flex pipe. I ordered a filter/pump connection hose from Intex, to obtain the extra nuts I needed for the adapters, along with some rubber gaskets to seal against the fittings. For my adapters, I used the Dura brand 1.5" to 1.25" reducer bushings. I also added a water cooling fountain and used a union to attach it, so I can make different fountain heads in the future. The project would have only taken about half a day, had I not needed multiple trips to Lowes for fittings I kept forgetting. Plus, the last joint I glued late last night had a leak due to my impatience in letting the joint set up right. To anyone nervous about cutting the liner for larger fittings, don't be. It really was pretty simple, and straight forward, using the fitting gaskets as a guide. On my particular pool, after the first one, I simply had to cut just the blue ring of the rubber nipple out, and the fittings were a perfect fit. Any way, here are a couple of pics showing before, and after.

David

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.