Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Omnilogic and Pentair Intelliflo integration? Possible?

1. Back To Top    #1

Omnilogic and Pentair Intelliflo integration? Possible?

I have a new pool going in with an omnilogic system and Intelliflo XF pump. We can't find documentation anywhere on how to hookup the Intelliflo to omnilogic so that it will control the speeds... I have the black com cable that came with Intelliflo and some documentation vaguely mentions using relays?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Omnilogic and Pentair Intelliflo integration? Possible?

You will have to use a Pentair intellicom unit for that automation to control that pump. You would be better off matching pump and automation.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: Omnilogic and Pentair Intelliflo integration? Possible?

If this is a new pool, you need to have your pool builder provide you with either a compatible pump to go with your Omnilogic or a compatible automation system to go with your Intelliflo. The Intellicom basically uses four of the relays in your Omnilogic system to provide the Intelliflo information to run 4 set speeds. Making your expensive VS pump a 4 speed pump. What is the point of having a VS pump if the speed is not variable??? Also, I suspect the standard Omnilogic only has four or so relays, so your pump will use them all up making your Omnilogic useless for other functions. (I really don't know how many relays the Omnilogic has, but these two units were not designed to be used together).

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.